Thursday 12 September 2019

Live Encouraged

by Victoria Osteen

Tuesday, September 10, 2019
comments: 15
First Samuel 30 records the account of the worst defeat in David's life. It was so heartbreaking and distressing that the men in his army were threatening to stone him. At his lowest point of discouragement, with everyone bitterly against him, the Scripture says David "encouraged and strengthened himself in the Lord his God" (v. 6). He rose up, inspired his men to fight again, and they defeated their enemy.
Too often all we see in ourselves is what we've done wrong, all the times we blew it. I talked with a young lady who told me about her painful breakup with a man whom she had thought loved her. She said, "I tried to make sense of what happened. What did I do wrong? I got so discouraged that I didn't want to go to work or go out with friends. I just wanted to stay home. One evening I saw your television program and was...

No comments:

Post a Comment