Thursday 22 October 2020

Paula White Ministries

Paula White Ministries: Pastor Paula White-Cain is a celebrated author and teacher, beloved grandmother, mother and mentor, and spirit-led preacher of God’s Word.

DEVOTIONAL
October 22: Good for the Soul
"Confess your trespasses to one another, and pray for one another, that you may be healed. The effective, fervent prayer of a righteous man avails much."

James 5:16

It strengthens me to acknowledge my weakness! The Word of God tells us that if we want to be healed in any area of our lives, we must first confess our weaknesses, faults, and struggles.

When I was a senior in high school, I made some decisions that were breaking my mother’s heart. She was very upset with me and had every good reason to be. Her strong discipline was filled with words of wisdom, but at the time I did not see it that way. She said to me, “Girl, you made your bed, now lie in it.”

Needless to say I was not interested in another lecture, so I rolled my eyes with disgust. My mother was so frustrated when she blurted out, “You can try to fool me, Paula. You can try to fool your family and friends, but you’d better be honest with yourself!” It proved to be the advice that changed my life.

Whether it is my past, a character flaw, a weakness, an area of shame or some unpleasant little secret, to overcome it, I must confront it.

I must be honest with myself and own up to it.

“You cannot conquer what you are unwilling to confront."

No comments:

Post a Comment