Monday 11 November 2019

Pastor Otoniel Font - El Reto de Hageo



DAY 315: Greater Works

"He that believeth on me, the works that I do shall he do also; and greater works than these shall he do; because I go unto my Father."
John 14:12
Jesus was talking with His disciples about His departure. Jesus wanted His disciples to know that this wasn't the end of His ministry, even though He was talking about His coming death. Jesus was trying to get His disciples to understand His oneness with the Father.
Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father." Jesus said, "Philip don't you know me? The Father and I are one!" Jesus said in John 14:20, "At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you." Jesus later tells His disciples in John 16:12, "I have yet many things to say unto you, but you cannot bear them now. Howbeit when he, the Spirit the truth is come, he will guide you into all truth."
He was not disbanding them, but commissioning them to continue His work, to be an extension of Him to this lost and dying world.
That's who Jesus wants us to be, you and me, an extension of His arms of mercy and grace. Be Jesus in your world today. Shine the light of Christ today.
"Follow the example."

No comments:

Post a Comment